The last fall
The nights were long
I was trying to hold on
But I was failing and falling
And I was breaking apart
There were screams and tears
And the nightmares played their part
I had tales to tell and pain to share
My eyes bled and dulled
But I couldn't bring myself to care
Because I was all grown up
And crying was for the weak
So my sobs never left the closed doors
And I was afraid
Afraid someone would walk in and spot the wet pillows
Afraid they would call me not man enough
So I wiped the tears and closed my eyes
And asked myself to not be a baby
Asked myself to man up
It hurt, oh so much
But I kept going on because stopping was not a choice
Because I was afraid of falling behind
There were dreams yet to come true
And expectations to fulfill
I had to keep dragging
Fight with all my will
But I fell again
I swear
I swear I tried my best to get up
But I think I fell too hard
To never be one again
I finally broke apart.
Comments
Post a Comment